Thank you for working with LEV Property Management in working toward our mutual goal of caring for the homes we live in and manage.
Here in the 'Tenant's Corner', we offer a meeting place to share simple, date relevant information regarding the care and up keep of today's homes.
- Clean range hood filter.
- Clear air intakes, exhaust and meters of debris, nests, etc.
- Do safety checks: smoke detectors, fire escape routes, fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide alarms, door and window locks.
- Check gutters and downspouts and clean if needed.
- Drain and close outside hose connection.
- Winterize landscaping and blow out irrigation system.
- Inspect pressure and temperature valve on water heater.
- Maintain proper grades for drainage throughout the property.
- Adjust thermostat for season change.
- Check humidity levels to prevent excessive moisture.
- Clean dryer vent.
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and test each one
- Create or review a family emergency plan in case of fire
- Charge fire extinguishers and teach each family member proper use
- Cover or transplant delicate trees and plants
- Mulch gardens and flowerbeds if necessary to minimize weeds
- Deactivate sprinklers and store hoses
- Adjust pool cleaning cycle if applicable
- Clean and repair lawn mower to prevent decay from disuse
- Cover or store outdoor furniture, toys, and accessories
- Clean window exteriors to insure adequate natural light
- Inspect all windows for tight seals and air leakage; caulk or apply weather stripping if necessary
- Inspect all doors for tight seals and air leakage; apply weather stripping or door guards if necessary
- Inspect electrical outlets, phone outlets, and switch plates for air leaks and seal if necessary
- Test water heater for proper temperature and adequate insulation
- Store summer clothing and bedding and replace with heavier gear
- Check car antifreeze levels and fill if necessary
- Inspect car tires and replace with snow tires if applicable
- Store emergency salt, sand, and a shovel in each vehicle
- Stock up on canned food, bottled water, and candles for emergencies